Early Childhood Development
At Lollipops and Dragons Daycare, LLC you will find qualified and passionate child care professionals in the Weslaco, TX, area. Each and every one of our staff members has a keen interest in the body of research that has gone into the field of early childhood development over the years, and they apply these important findings in their daily work with the children that they are responsible for.
Early childhood development is commonly broken down into five categories:
• Physical - How the child is developing in terms of their eyesight, hearing, and motor skills.
• Social - How the child is learning to interact with their peers and authority figures, how well they are assimilating and internalizing important concepts, such as sharing and other forms of mutual reciprocity.
• Emotional - Gauging the child’s level of self-confidence and observing the appropriateness of their emotional response to different situations.
• Language - The child’s ability to communicate with others and express their thoughts, feelings and emotions both verbally and non-verbally.
• Cognitive Skills - The child’s problem solving skills and how they interact with and understand their surroundings.
Last- It is the job of our staff to observe how each child is developing in each of these five categories. Our curriculum has been designed to test and strengthen these five aspects of early childhood development.